Here are UK Traffic News we are keen on Eco friendly car design as let's face it we only have one planet we can live on!
In the spirit of Eco car design we are putting it out there to our users to suggest to car companies ideas for better MPG.
What is MPG? It's Miles Per Gallon, i.e the number of miles your car can do for each gallon of fuel you put in it.
We think our users, as they are interested in motoring, avoiding traffic jams, roadworks and other delays like accidents would love to get better MPG from the cars they drive for the following reasons:
- Oil is a shrinking resource
- Better MPG often means lower CO2 emissions
- Lower CO2 means lower road tax
- Lower CO2 is better for climate change
- More MPG means low cost of fuelling your car
These are all excellent reasons for car design that achieves better MPG.
2014 Competition Ideas To Get More MPGs
Anyone can participate in our competition to find the best ideas for getting more MPG's out of a cars design.
Ideas can be simple, complex, fun or serious.
We have thought of one to get the ball rolling.
Mini wind turbines
Mini wind turbines that use the air and wind passing over or through the car to charge a battery that powers dual power cars that are partly powered by petrol or diesel engines with a secondary battery power unit which is recharged by wind passing through mini wind turbines in the front grill or on the roof of the car.
The battery power unit is charged by mini turbines driven by wind and air passing over, through, or past the moving car.
Then when say cruising or breaking the battery power unit can take over powering the car (or other vehicle).
The wind turbines could also be used to assist in breaking while at the same time absorbing power from the air instead of the engine assisting in breaking, reducing engine wear as well.
We have added a post about our mini wind turbine in cars idea to our motoring forum in the section "Ideas for More Fuel Efficient Cars".
How To Enter Your "Better MPG" Ideas?
It's really easy to enter your ideas.
At UK Traffic News we want to use Twitter is a constructive useful way not just for news, marketing or self-promotion.
So here is how you enter.
- Think up your ideas about how to get cars doing better MPG
- Post your idea in our motoring forum "Ideas for More Fuel Efficient Cars" section (see link above) by starting your on topic in that section. Give your forum post a short title that includes the gist of your idea and post the detail in the main part of your post.
- Tweet your idea on Twitter giving it a # tag such as we could use for our idea #carwindcharging and link to your better MPG design idea in your Twitter post(s).
- Also in your Twitter posts use the # tag #MPGCompetition so you can also see other peoples ideas
- This is about using Twitter for #SocialMediaBrainPower so mention that # tag in some of your posts too
Your ideas can be very serious or more on the fun side.
With millions of people on Twitter we think that there are Twitter users out there that have some amazing ideas about how to get better MPG from car design, that would help not only the car companies but benefit the planet and all of us.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entries.
Other Ways To Get Involved
Even if you really cannot come up with your own idea you can still play an important part in the competition!
We need you to:
- Comment, constructively, on other peoples ideas in the motoring forum
- Retweet what you think are the best ideas in the #MPGCompetition
- Help people submitting entries tweak their design suggestion for better MPGs for maximum impact
Car Companies Interested In Better MPG?
We are asking car companies that are interested in better MPG to get involved too.
UK Traffic News is approaching car companies to come up with some innovative prizes for the best ideas entered in the competition.
So watch this space about prizes!
Make a difference! Help design cars that do better MPG!
I had a moped 32 years ago that easily did 125 MPG. Surely after over 30 years we can get cars doing over 100 MPG!?